No-code environment for mathematical
Master thesis: No-code environment for mathematical optimization models
May we introduce ... Your new team!
We are dynamic, diverse team players who always strive to find the best solution. In our agile project teams, we therefore combine our expertise in operations research, software development and consulting to solve real-world problems using complex mathematical optimization methods. Based on our OPTANO platform, we develop customized software for successful companies such as car manufacturers, airlines and leading strategy consultancies. Our company was founded in 2009 and has continued to grow ever since. Our team in Paderborn now comprises more than 50 employees.
OPTANO is our platform for user-friendly applications. Many new ideas on visualization, process support, storage, faster calculation, etc. are just waiting to be implemented and this is where we need your support!
Your thesis subject:
- When supply chains need to be optimized or power grids kept stable, then mathematics is involved, often in the form of linear or mixed integer programs (LP, MIP).
- This formulation is based on mathematical systems of inequalities. At the same time, however, they must fit the customer’s requirements and be implemented as software.
- In practice, these three areas – customer language, mathematics and code – often have to be maintained separately. This requires a lot of documentation effort.
Objective and methodology
- The development of a no-code approach to formulate mathematical customer requirements
- Single Source: A versionable source to edit the overall documentation for non-technicians
- Three types of documents must be derived from one source:
– A document that the user can understand, without the mathematic
– Mathematical documentation with a clean set of formulas
– A versionable source to further implement the mathematical model.
You should have:
Does this sound like the right thesis for you? Great! If not, we have had good experience in developing with our employees. If the above points do not apply to your experience, but are in line with your desire for development, feel free to mention this in your application.
Why OPTANO? Next level planning with your support!
We offer you the opportunity to contribute your professional know-how and ideas in exciting and challenging tasks on a daily basis. Our goal is to make OPTANO even better – with you! Our team doesn’t talk about flat hierarchies – we practise them; communication is friendly and open. And while our main focus is on the project at hand, it’s not all work and no play – we still enjoy a slice of cake on Pi-Day and a whole lot more.
At any time