Here with us, Operations Research specialists, software developers and consultants all work together in project teams where we make complex mathematical optimization methods deployable for end users. We develop customized application software on the basis of our OPTANO platform as well as individual planning software. Our clients are successful companies such as car manufacturers and airlines as well as leading strategy consultancies.
Since our establishment in 2009, we have become a very renowned company in our field. Our team in Paderborn currently has 35 employees.
OPTANO is our platform for user-friendly applications and naturally we need a technical infrastructure for its development that functions. As an undergraduate IT assistant you will support our team in:
- the installation, management and monitoring of servers/clients (primarily Windows systems) – partly in our data center
- the development and maintenance of internal web applications
- networks with an IP-infrastructure
- managing our Cloud infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Azure/AWS)
- assist colleagues with their technology questions or problems.
Even though we consider soft skills and teamwork to be indispensable, a few specialist skills are necessary if you want to join us an IT Assistant :
- you think analytically and have IT affinity
- you have a structured approach when working with operating systems (Windows, Linux) and virtualization technology
- you have some experience with SQL servers (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server or MYSQL Server)
We are looking to hire somebody who always strives to get the best solutions and doesn't shy away from developing PowerShell scripts or new technologies.
As an undergraduate assistant you will be trained specifically in the applied technologies and will receive ongoing training during your work with us. And because you are interested in learning about new technologies and methods, you will keep up with current developments.
We are a small company and our teams don't just market the term "flat hierarchy" - they actually practice it. We offer you the opportunity to apply your practical know-how and ideas in fascinating and challenging tasks on a daily basis. Our goal is to make OPTANO better - with you at our side. Our excellent work climate and cooperation at eye level are crucial factors for our success. This is why we offer you the following attractive benefits:
- Flexible working hours and teleworking
- Compensatory time off for overtime
- Individual further training programs
- Smart office premises with state-of-the-art technology.
For more information about the benefits we offer, go to our Career section.
This is a fixed-term contract and the position is initially part-time. However, as a dynamic, expanding company we would be interested in a long-term working relationship.
In recent years, many students have written their final theses for their Bachelor or Master degrees under our team's guidance. We offer a lot of fascinating tasks and would consider a thesis in our team to be an ideal start to a long-term working relationship.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please use the application button on this page and also take a few minutes to read our tips for your application.
For further information, please contact:
Kerstin Bause | OPTANO GmbH | Technologiepark 18 | 33100 Paderborn
Tel. +49 5251 68220-21 | email@example.com