Here with us, Operations Research specialists, software developers and consultants all work together in project teams where we make complex mathematical optimization methods deployable for end users. We develop customized application software on the basis of our OPTANO platform as well as individual planning software. Our clients are successful companies such as car manufacturers and airlines as well as leading strategy consultancies.
Since our establishment in 2009, we have become a very renowned company in our field. Our team in Paderborn currently has 35 employees.
As a software developer you will support our team in implementing software projects. You will learn how modern software is developed and will be responsible for your own work package.
You will perform a wide range of tasks which will generally encompass one or more of the following areas:
- Software system architecture as well as structuring programs and classes
- The design, creation and implementation of user interfaces
- Support in the visual processing of data
- The design and implementation of data logic and presentation levels
- Displaying individual user processes in software
Basic knowledge in at least one of the above-mentioned areas would be of advantage although on-the-job training will be provided.
You would like to apply your know-how in fascinating practical projects while continuing to pursue your degree course and
- you are interested in software development
- software creation and usability fascinates you
- you see things from a user perspective and can understand the user's needs.
Experience in at least one of the following technologies would be beneficial:
- Visual Studio, Programing in C#
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) or Windows Forms
- EntityFramework, Linq2SQL or Linq2Entity
- Storage and runtime tuning
As a working student you will receive ongoing training specifically in the applied technologies. Because you are interested in learning about new technologies and methods, you will keep up with current developments.
We are a small company and our teams don't just market the term "flat hierarchy" - they actually practice it. We offer you the opportunity to apply your practical know-how and ideas in fascinating and challenging tasks on a daily basis. Our goal is to make OPTANO better - with you at our side. Our excellent work climate and cooperation at eye level are crucial factors for our success. This is why we offer you the following attractive benefits:
- Flexible working hours and teleworking
- Compensatory time off for overtime
- Annual budget for further training and certifications
- Beverages and fresh fruit at your workplace.
For more information, go to our Career section.
This is a fixed contract and the position is initially part-time. However, as a dynamic, expanding company we would be interested in a long-term working relationship.
In recent years, many students have written their final theses for their Bachelor or Master degrees under our team's guidance. We offer a lot of fascinating tasks and would consider a thesis in our team to be an ideal start to a long-term working relationship.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please use the application button on this page and take a few minutes to read our tips for your application.
For further information, please contact:
Kerstin Bause | OPTANO GmbH | Technologiepark 18 | 33100 Paderborn
Tel. +49 5251 68220-46 |firstname.lastname@example.org