Here with us, Operations Research specialists, software developers and consultants all work together in project teams where we make complex mathematical optimization methods deployable for end users. We develop customized application software on the basis of our OPTANO platform as well as individual planning software. Our clients are successful companies such as car manufacturers and airlines as well as leading strategy consultancies.
Since our establishment in 2009, we have become a very renowned company in our field. Our team in Paderborn currently has 35 employees.
As an Operations Research Developer you will work on client projects involving a range of optimization issues together with a team of consultants and software developers.
Your tasks will be varied and will cover the entire development project:
- Formulating and validating mathematical optimization models (including LP, MIP, QP) in close cooperation with the project team.
- Implementing mathematical optimization models and possible solution procedures based on clients’ requirements
- Quality assurance of model implementation
- Supporting our sales and marketing force with your expertise, e.g. by developing concepts.
Even though we consider soft skills and teamwork to be indispensable, a few specialist skills are necessary if you want to join us an OR Software Developer:
- A good university degree in Business Informatics, Comupter Sciences or similar
- Ideally three years of experience in the field of Operations Research/mathematical modeling or similar experience (e.g. university or industry- funded PhD)
- Good analytical skills
- Knowledge of Operations Research/mathematical modeling, ideally experience with modelling tools such as AMPL, AIMMS, GAMS, MPL or OPTANO
- Fluent English and German
We are a small company and our teams don't just market the term "flat hierarchy" - they actually practice it. We offer you the opportunity to apply your practical know-how and ideas in fascinating and challenging tasks on a daily basis. Our goal is to make OPTANO better - with you at our side. Our excellent work climate and cooperation at eye level are crucial factors for our success. This is why we offer you the following attractive benefits:
- Flexible working hours and teleworking
- Compensatory time off for overtime
- Annual budget for further training and certifications
- Beverages and fresh fruit at your workplace.
For more information, go to our Career section.
This is a permanent, full-time position and can be filled immediately. However, we are flexible and thus willing to consider a part-time position, if preferred. A later starting date is also possible, if candidates cannot fill the position immediately. As a dynamic, expanding company, we would be interested in a long-term working relationship and would consider a PhD in our team to be an ideal start.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please use the application button on this page and take a few minutes to read our tips for your application.
For further information, please contact:
Kerstin Bause | OPTANO GmbH | Technologiepark 18 | 33100 Paderborn
Tel. +49 5251 68220-46 |firstname.lastname@example.org