Here with us, Operations Research specialists, software developers and consultants all work together in project teams where we make complex mathematical optimization methods deployable for end users. We develop customized application software on the basis of our OPTANO platform as well as individual planning software. Our clients are successful companies such as car manufacturers and airlines as well as leading strategy consultancies.
Since our establishment in 2009, we have become a very renowned company in our field. Our team in Paderborn currently has 35 employees.
OPTANO is our platform for user-friendly applications. Many new ideas about visualization, process support, storage and faster calculations are waiting to be implemented - and we need your support!
As an OR Consultant you will manage clients’ projects involving a range of optimization issues together with a team of OR experts and software developers.
Your tasks will be varied and will cover the entire development project. You will:
- work in close cooperation with the client to define specific requirements, targets and procedures
- create mathematical optimization models and possible solution procedures based on clients’ requirements
- manage a project team ranging from 2 – 15 colleagues
- support our sales and marketing teams with your expertise, e.g. by developing concepts.
As an OR Consultant you may also be required to visit clients at their premises occasionally. While we try to keep these business trips at a minimum so that you can still maintain a good work-life balance, an OR Consultant in our team can realistically expect to work away from home three working days per month (on average).
Even though we consider soft skills and teamwork to be indispensable, a few specialist skills are necessary if you want to join us an OR consultant:
- a very good university/college degree, ideally three years of professional experience in the field of Operations Research/mathematical modeling or similar (e.g. university or industry- funded PhD)
- good analytical skills
- excellent communication skills when dealing with clients
- the ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C#)
- fluent German and English
We are a small company and our teams don't just market the term "flat hierarchy" - they actually practice it. We offer you the opportunity to apply your practical know-how and ideas in fascinating and challenging tasks on a daily basis. Our goal is to make OPTANO better - with you at our side. Our excellent work climate and cooperation at eye level are crucial factors for our success. This is why we offer you the following attractive benefits:
- Flexible working hours and teleworking
- Compensatory time off for overtime
- Annual budget for further training and certifications
- Beverages and fresh fruit at your workplace.
For more information, go to our Career section.
This is a permanent, full-time position and can be filled immediately. However, we are flexible and thus willing to consider a part-time position, if preferred. A later starting date is also possible, if candidates cannot fill the position immediately. As a dynamic, expanding company, we would be interested in a long-term working relationship and would consider a PhD in our team to be an ideal start.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please use the application button on this page and take a few minutes to read our tips for your application.
For further information, please contact:
Verena Bewermeyer | OPTANO GmbH | Technologiepark 18 | 33100 Paderborn
Tel. +49 5251 68220-46 |email@example.com