Here with us, Operations Research specialists, software developers and consultants all work together in project teams where we make complex mathematical optimization methods deployable for end users. We develop customized application software on the basis of our OPTANO platform as well as individual planning software. Our clients are successful companies such as car manufacturers and airlines as well as leading strategy consultancies.
Since our establishment in 2009, we have become a very renowned company in our field. Our team in Paderborn currently has 35 employees.
Would you like to develop software yet have a keen interest in IT systems? Then why not combine the two at OPTANO! As an Analytics Software Engineer/IT Manager you will work at the interface between software development for client projects and the provision of the right technical infrastructure.
Your tasks in the IT team will be varied and encompass, among others:
- Supporting/filling in for the IT team in server/client areas (mainly Windows systems)
- Internal web applications
- Networks with an IP infrastructure
- Cloud infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Azure/AWS)
- providing technical support to the team
For our agile software development projects you will assume tasks concerning data layers, computational logic and user interfaces:
- Specifying user stories
- Structuring the archtiecture and product interface
- Implementing the software
- Quality assurance
Even though we consider soft skills and teamwork to be indispensable, a few specialist skills are necessary if you want to join us an Analytics Software Engineer/IT Manager
- A good university degree in Business Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- Analytical skills and strong IT affinity
- Structured work with operation systems (Windows, Linux) and virtualization technology
- Some experience of working with SQL servers (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server or MYSQL Server)
- Knowledge of C#.NET, NET5, web technologies, WebAssembly, Blazor would be an advantage or the willingness to become familiar with these technologies.
- Very good German and English, both written and spoken
We are a small company and our teams don't just market the term "flat hierarchy" - they actually practice it. We offer you the opportunity to apply your practical know-how and ideas in fascinating and challenging tasks on a daily basis. Our goal is to make OPTANO better - with you at our side. Our excellent work climate and cooperation at eye level are crucial factors for our success. This is why we offer you the following attractive benefits:
- Flexible working hours and teleworking
- Compensatory time off for overtime
- Individual further training programs
- Smart office premises with state-of-the-art equipment.
For more information about our benefits, go to our Career section.
This is a permanent, full-time position and can be filled immediately. However, we are flexible and thus willing to consider a part-time position, if preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please use the application button on this page and also take a few minutes to read our tips for your application.
For further information, please contact:
Kerstin Bause | OPTANO GmbH | Technologiepark 18 | 33100 Paderborn
Tel. +49 5251 68220-21 |email@example.comEmployer