Here with us, Operations Research specialists, software developers and consultants all work together in project teams where we make complex mathematical optimization methods deployable for end users. We develop customized application software on the basis of our OPTANO platform as well as individual planning software. Our clients are successful companies such as car manufacturers and airlines as well as leading strategy consultancies.
Since our establishment 10 years ago, we have become a very renowned company in our field. Our team in Paderborn currently has 25 employees.
OPTANO is our platform for user-friendly applications and naturally we need a technical infrastructure for its development that functions. As an IT administrator you will assume the following tasks:
- The installation, management and monitoring of servers/clients (primarily Windows systems) – partly in our data center
- The development and maintenance of internal web applications
- networks with an IP-infrastructure
- Management of our Cloud infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Azure/AWS)
You will also assist your colleagues when they have questions or technology problems.
Even though we consider soft skills and teamwork to be indispensable, a few specialist skills are necessary if you want to join us an IT administrator:
- you have relevant academic qualifications or professional training
- you think analytically and enjoy working in IT
- you have a structured approach when working with operating systems (Windows, Linux) and virtualization technology
- you have some experience with SQL servers (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server or MYSQL Server)
We are looking to hire somebody who always strives to get the best solutions and doesn’t shy away from developing PowerShell scripts or new technologies.
Does this sound like the ideal job for you? Great! If not, don’t worry. In the past, we have been successful in working together with colleagues to promote their development and helping them to acquire new skills. If you lack the experience listed in any of the points mentioned above but are still confident that you are qualified for the position, then you can explain this to us in your covering letter when applying.
We are a small company and our teams don’t just market the term “flat hierarchy” – they actually practice it. We offer you the opportunity to apply your practical know-how and ideas in fascinating and challenging tasks on a daily basis. Our goal is to make OPTANO better – with you at our side. Our excellent work climate and cooperation at eye level are crucial factors for our success. This is why we offer you the following attractive benefits:
- Flexible working hours and teleworking
- Compensatory time off for overtime
- Annual budget for further training and certifications
- Beverages and fresh fruit at your workplace.
For more information, go to our Career section.
This is a permanent, full-time position and can be filled immediately. However, we are flexible and thus willing to consider a part-time position, if preferred. A later starting date is also possible, if candidates cannot fill the position immediately. As a dynamic, expanding company, we would be interested in a long-term working relationship.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
We look forward to receiving your application! Please use the application button on this page and take a few minutes to read our tips for your application.
For further information, please contact:
Verena Bewermeyer | ORCONOMY GmbH | Technologiepark 19 | 33100 Paderborn
Tel. +49 5251 68220-46 | firstname.lastname@example.org